Wednesday 15 August 2012

How to dress a curvaceous bride??? :-/


 Asked by a very close friend: I weigh 66 kgs and am completely round. Honestly, I look fat as I have a bulky body frame. I am getting married soon to my longtime boyfriend. However, getting a proper and stylish wedding dress has become an issue for me since I don’t want to look overweight on my big day. While my parents and relatives want me to do away with lehenga choli, my in-laws have suggested that I opt for it. I am very confused. Can you suggest me something that will contain my flabs the way I want them to?
Answer: First of all congratulations! Wedding is one day wherein you will have to do away with your inhibitions. Looking good on your big day is not restricted to people with blessed physique. So don’t feel disheartened or let down by your structure. There are ways to make you look gorgeous without giving out your flab.
Don’t wear baggy sizes thinking it will conceal your ugly fats. Instead they will add up to your heftiness. If you intend to wear a lehenga choli, let your choli be stylish with v neckline and deep cut on the back. Your lehenga should skim over your hips and not gauge it.
But if you seriously want to make that mark, go in for beautiful embroidered silk or chiffon saree. Sarees can make you look not only in harmony with yourself but will also hide that excess weight. Wear it with a designer choli with tied back. But be particular to wear your size. Don’t push yourself into a size lesser than yours which will make you look all the more busty at all the wrong places. Donning small size won’t make you look slim either.
Above all, be very comfortable with what you are wearing. Don’t be conscious about your flabs peeping out of your attire. At the end of the day wear what you want to wear as it is your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment